Business tax planning can be exceedingly complex and challenging. A trusted tax advisor can navigate the tax landscape for a client, developing efficient tax strategies and solutions. We have a dedicated tax team serving as trusted advisors to our valued clients. The team uses a solutions-oriented approach that is the result of their many years of experience.
We can assist our clients with a broad range of tax consulting and compliance services, including:
- Corporate and personal tax planning
- Estate and succession planning
- Charity tax returns and GST rebates
- Corporate reorganizations
- Assistance with Canada Revenue Agency audits, disputes and objections
- Voluntary disclosures
- Planning for the purchase or sale of a business
- Cross-border tax planning and structuring for inbound and outbound investments
- Assistance with investment tax credit claims for Scientific Research & Experimental Development expenditures (SR&ED)
- Compensation and benefits planning, including stock options and tax-deferred plans
- Tax structuring for matrimonial settlements
- Tax return preparation and review.
Often a sound tax plan requires an independent business and/or share valuation. At SMB, our tax team works closely with advisory groups to provide all the necessary services to develop an integrated tax plan.